TISA supports standards that provide elements or a framework for services and products covering traffic and travel information including roads, public transport and related information needs such as points of interest, weather and environmental data.
TISA envisions a world where open Traffic and Traveller Information (TTI) standards and policies increase the traffic safety and efficiency of travel.
TISA’s mission is to develop and promote open standards and policies that:
- facilitate a timely and cost-effective deployment of TTI services and products that save end users time and money, increase traffic safety, and minimize environmental impact
- improve the quality and minimize the cost of such services and products by maximizing interoperability worldwide.
TISA offers an environment where the values and needs of traffic and traveller information service and content providers, public authorities, auto manufacturers, product industry, broadcasters and transmission operators meet. It is an organization driven by, and growing through, the active contributions of its membership. To stimulate innovation and facilitate collaboration, TISA provides an environment, where
- new ideas are shared and jointly processed in new or existing standards or guidelines
- existing standards and policies are well maintained and, if necessary, updated for adapting to the fast-changing ITS world
- efficient processes and tools are provided to support timely standardization or publication of the work results produced within TISA
- a high level of quality is maintained for all work created by TISA through rigorous review and approval processes
- intellectual property is valued and TISA is supporting its protection
- active liaisons with adjacent/related organisations, such as GENIVI, WorldDMB, RDS Forum, and DATEX-related activities, facilitate cross-cutting activities
TISA strives to utilize the synergies of its membership and to exploit the joint expertise of all TISA members to foster business related to TTI services as well as for the benefit of the society.